VIRGIN ISLANDS PORT AUTHORITY
ST. CROIX | ST. THOMAS | ST. JOHN UNITED STATES VIRGIN ISLANDS GATEWAYS TO THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS’ ECONOMY
Contact: Monifa Marrero-Brathwaite | Public Information Officer
(340) 774-1629 or 340-244-1065
email@example.com / www.viport.com
May 1, 2020
Airlines Resume Service to the U.S. Virgin Islands
After several weeks of reduced airlift to the U.S. Virgin Islands due to the coronavirus pandemic, the Virgin Islands Port Authority has been notified that air service to the USVI will resume this month. VIPA provided the following update regarding the airlines that service the territory:
- • Air Sunshine is providing flights to foreign Caribbean islands based on demand.
- • American Airlines is operating one roundtrip flight per day from Miami, FL to St. Thomas and one flight a day from Miami, FL to St. Croix. American will have no flights to the territory on May 5 and 6 and will resume service on May 7. There will be no Tuesday flights during the month of May.
- • Cape Air is providing service between St. Thomas, St. Croix, and San Juan with cancellations as necessary based on passenger loads.
- • Delta Air Line will resume service on May 2 with roundtrip service between Atlanta, Georgia and St. Thomas and Atlanta to St. Croix. Beginning May 8, Delta will provide flights to St. Thomas on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Service to St. Croix will remain on Saturdays only, via a connecting flight from St. Thomas.
- • JetBlue is providing service between St. Thomas and San Juan.
VIPA NEWS RELEASE MAY 1, 2020 PAGE 2
- • LIAT has extended its suspension of service between Antigua and St. Thomas until May 15, 2020.
- • Seaflight will provide service between St. Thomas and St. Croix on demand.
- • Silver Airways (Seaborne) is operating its airport and seaplane service with cancellations as necessary based on passenger loads. There will be no seaplane service on May 2 and May 3.
- • Spirit resumed roundtrip service from Ft. Lauderdale to the USVI today, May 1. The flight will arrive in St. Thomas, connect through St. Croix, and return to Ft. Lauderdale. Spirit will provide service on Mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays during the month of May.
- • United Airlines will provide a roundtrip flight from Houston, TX to San Juan, then to St. Thomas beginning May 8.
VIPA encourages travelers to call their airline directly for updated flight information before arriving at the airport. Travelers are also asked to adhere to federal and local health guidelines for travel and wear masks while traveling. In addition, travelers are encouraged to arrive on time for their departures as staffing for federal screening services has been reduced.
The Virgin Islands Department of Health and the Virgin Islands National Guard will be conducting screening of all arriving travelers throughout the month of May. VIPA will continue to work closely with all stakeholders to ensure a safe experience at the territory’s airports for the traveling public and the airports’ tenants and employees.