ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION
OBJECT, PURPOSES AND POWERS
Section 1: The Corporation is organized and operated exclusively for one or more of the purposes specified in Section 501(c)6 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended, as applicable to the U.S. Virgin Islands (the “Code”) including, but not limited to the following:
The purpose of the organization: To unify, support and further the capabilities of the local marine industry within the U.S. Virgin Islands by providing training, compliance guidance, community organization and assisting in the development of industry standards which seek to foster the continued growth and strength of the charter industry. The association's objective is to represent the U.S. Virgin Island's marine industry with one voice promoting good relationships between marine businesses, marine management companies, clearinghouses, crew, and the people and governments of the U.S. Virgin Islands and the British Virgin Islands while advocating a positive reputation locally and internationally.
The Association aims to follow the following goals:
- To unify and protect the interests of its members while fostering cooperative relationships between all vessels, marine businesses, crew and the people and the respective Governments of the Virgin Islands.
- To ensure that its members operate within national, local and harbour regulations ensuring the safety of passengers and crews onboard at all times.
- To improve Virgin Island vessels’ professionalism by providing training, guidance, services and an ethics committee to ensure the interests of the charterer are upheld.
- To provide members a directory pertaining to the local marine industry (including discounts).
- To provide members with affordable medical insurance and vessel insurance.
- To represent all members at the annual Charter Yacht Show.
- To promote marine conservation and respect for the culture and environment of the Virgin Islands.
- To provide marine industry career guidance to Virgin Island youths including apprenticeships and scholarships.
VIPCA operates transparently...
Please contact us for financials or become a member to choose how revenue is spent.