"3. The principal Order is amended by inserting immediately after section
13, the following new section:
13A. (1) Subject to subsections (2) and (3) and to such guidelines as may be issued, a person operating a
private or commercially registered small vessel may be permitted to enter the Territory for the purpose of sailing or anchoring in Territorial waters.
(2) A foreign-based small vessel shall not be permitted to
(a) enter the Territory with paying passengers on board; or
(b) conduct commercial activity while in the
(3) A small vessel shall not conduct daytrips to the Territory, unless that vessel is a pre-authorised water taxi.
(4) A person may be permitted to operate a locally based Water Taxis subject to this Order and to such guidelines as may be issued.
(5) For the purposes of this section “small vessel”
means a vessel that is under 78 feet length overall.”."
All COVID-19 entry protocols remain in effect and in place.
Government legislation is in place to allow it to happen but the practical logistics for it to actually take place are not set out or in place.
What we do know for now:
- You have to start with the BVI Gateway portal: https://bvigateway.bviaa.com Everyone will need to submit through this website. Should you have questions, please direct them to the site.
- All people onboard need to be Fully vaccinated and travellers from all countries will require:
- BVI Gateway Traveller Authorisation Certificate at a cost of no more than $35.00
- Proof of a negative RT-PCR COVID-19 or approved rapid antigen test taken 3-5 days before arrival;
- Proof of vaccination status;
- We are NOT SURE if unvaccinated children can enter through these "open ports" as previous protocol suggested all children aged 5 -17 would be tested on arrival. We do not know if these other ports are open for any testing on arrival, other than Road Town.
- If they are testing at these other ports:Children aged 5-17 will be tested on arrival;
- Children will be released from quarantine together with their parents/guardians once the test results for the entire group are negative, but must remain within their family bubble; and
- Unvaccinated children will be subject to a further test on day four.
- PRESUMABLY, a vessel would then present itself with all documentation and approval from the portal to the port of entry and then proceed as normal with customs and immigration.Further unknowns are whether the possible port of entry will be an option when trying to submit on the portal, "as a drop down" mentioned above.