2021 Board of Directors
- Committee Overview: Members and Vendors Committee: P. Pieschel, W.Wallace, K.Weiss
- Sub-Committee – Vendors: P.Pieschel
- Sub-Committee – Owners: W.Wallace
- Sub-Committee: Day Charter: K.Weiss, J.Jackson
- Sub-Committee - Charter Brokers: K. Jonas, E.Boruff
- Sub-Committee - Insurance: W. Wallace, D. Blankenhorn, P.Pieschel
- Government Committee: J.Jackson, D. Blankenhorn, E.Boruff, C.Steyn, H.Hampton
- Yacht Show Committee: K.Jonas, C.Steyn, E.Boruff, K.Marquart, + Member Broker(s)
- Moorings Committee: C.Styen, K.Weiss + B.Kubesh, C.Harms, J.Trilling, J.Buckstien, K.Cressman
- VI Youth Marine Training Committee: H.Hampton, K.Marquart, P.Pieschel, + B.Berry and K.Edwards
- Marine Environment and Community / Project Green Flag: K.Marquart + Member Alyse Arehart
- Budget and Finance Committee: S.Augspurger, C.Steyn, K.Jonas
You could join the 2021 Board of Directors...
BOARD NOMINATIONS TO OPEN SOON, YOU CAN SPEAK TO A CURRENT DIRECTOR OR EMAIL INFO@VIPCA.ORG TO EXPRESS AN INTEREST OR TO FIND OUT MORE
The nomination period for the 2021 VIPCA Board of Directors (BOD) will open this November. If you would like to nominate yourself or someone else to the BOD election slate, please be aware of the VIPCA By-laws.
- Nominees must have be a current and active VIPCA Member.
- We are looking for the following BOD representatives: one charter broker, one owner/operator, one marine service provider, one clearing house manager, one management company representative and one day charter representative. We also look for two crew members from two separate crewed yachts.
- Participation in 45 minute monthly teleconference meetings year round. If you miss two consecutive meetings your BOD role shall be given to another.
ABOUT SERVING ON THE BOARD
Remember, running for the Board is a public service to your profession and your fellow marine industry professionals. It requires dedication, sacrifice, and commitment. If you get elected, someone else will be turned away. Make sure that you are willing and able to serve and attend meetings even by teleconference.
Serving on the board is a duty and a responsibility to the membership and the people who brought the organization this far. VIPCA, like any organization, needs new ideas. Still, new initiatives or programs need lots of energy and time that might be better invested in VIPCA core programs. There are many things that VIPCA could do, but sustaining the programs that have already proven they add value for the marine community comes first.
Board Directors currently spend between 1-3 hours/month on VIPCA. Involvement varies depending on which committees you serve on and is expected to be variable throughout the year. We ask candidates to think about their commitment in time and energy.