Event Details & COVID-19 Safety Plan
In this climate of the COVID-19 pandemic the organizers of the USVI Charter Yacht Show, the Virgin Island Professional Charter Association (VIPCA), are taking the matter of protecting its show attendees, exhibitors, vendors and staff very seriously. In preparation for the November 7 - 10th 2021 show VIPCA has developed a revised schedule of events and protocol for a safe, hygienic, productive, and high-quality organized event. The following protocols made by VIPCA will mean that the charter brokers and yacht crew can connect with each other safely and with confidence.
All arrival requirements are subject to applicable and current policies in effect by both Yacht Haven Grande and local government as it relates to travel restrictions and testing requirements. Please check the V.I. Department of Health website https://www.covid19usvi.com/. Every traveller aged five or older who enters the U.S. Virgin Islands by air or sea, including anyone in-transit to another destination, is required to use the USVI Travel Screening Portal and receive travel clearance (email with green QR code) before travel to the Territory: https://usvitravelportal.com/
Pre-Show: To the extent you are able, please try to self-quarantine as much as possible for the two weeks prior to the show. Travellers are encouraged to plan testing dates to receive test results within the five-day window prior to travel to the USVI in order to submit negative test results to the USVI Travel Screening Portal. If flying, once you begin your travels, you should wipe down all surfaces around your airplane seat (and taxi seat, ferry seat, etc.) with disinfecting wipes, regardless of what the airline, taxi driver or ferry may have indicated they are doing, and wear a mask at all times except when eating or drinking.
- Covid-19 Testing: Travelers aged five or older must submit either a Negative result from a COVID-19 antigen (rapid) test or Negative result from a COVID-19 molecular test (e.g., PCR, viral or nucleic acid amplification) to the USVI Travel Screening Portal. Tests must be taken and negative result must be received within five days of commencement of travel to the Territory.
- Thermal Screening: Daily, at the dock gates for entry to the marina a VIPCA staff member shall take the temperature of all participants arriving by thermal scanning their forehead. Participants are asked not to attend if they are feeling unwell and temperatures must be below CDC recommendation of 100.4 F (38.0 C) or participants will be denied admittance. Exhibitors whom remain within the marina shall also have their temperature taken daily onboard their yacht.
- Masks: Participants including charter brokers, yacht crew and their managers, vendors, marina and VIPCA staff are required to wear a face mask which cover the nose and mouth at all times except for when eating or drinking.
- Cleaning & Hygiene: All yachts, event spaces and marina facilities shall follow the Centre of Disease Control, the U.S. Food & Drug Administration, the American Cleaning Institution, and the World Health Organization. This includes complete overnight disinfection and continuous sanitation by 60%+ alcohol. Upland event spaces including the business Wi-Fi lounge and restrooms cleaning shall be subcontracted to a 3rdparty cleaning service. Yacht crew are requested to use 60%+ alcohol wipe high-touch areas such as handrails, door handles, restrooms, and food and beverage areas hourly throughout the course of the Yacht Show.
- Personal Hygiene: Entrances to the marina, event spaces, marina facilities and embarkation gangways on yachts will have hand sanitizing stations. There will be additional hand washing facilities provided onboard yachts (upon the crews consent) with a restroom provided by obliging exhibiting yachts allocated to charter broker use, encouraging all participants to regularly wash and disinfect their hands and to reduce use of public restrooms ashore.
- Physical distancing: Participants are requested to maintain proper distance of 6-foot if not in the same household, and to use alternative ways to greet each other and to avoid physical contact such as handshakes and embraces. Tables for dining shall be spaced at least 4 feet apart (following restaurant guidance) with seats for people who don't live in the same household spaced 4 feet apart. Ashore event spaces and facilities shall have onsite signage and floor markings, and onsite social distance ambassadors. Digital alternatives to printed materials such as business cards and sales brochures are strongly recommended.
- Embarkation Pax Limit for Yachts: Four (4) charter brokers are permitted to be onboard any yacht at any time, in addition to its yacht crew. This includes the any special invitation occasions for drinks or dining. Shoes should be left at the gangway, with yacht crew shoes carried inside so that four (4) pairs of shoes as a maximum are ever visible when boarding any yacht.
- Food and beverage stations: Food and drink is served using restaurant guidance and not ever after 9pm. There shall be no standing at the bar but instead drinks shall be served at tables or while seated with seating at least 4 feet apart from one another. Food shall be pre-packaged in compostable take-out containers and served with compostable knives and forks. Packaging of the food containers shall take place in the commercial kitchen of our exclusive caterer Moe’s Fresh Market. If any queuing is anticipated food shall be distributed from multiple stations reached by lines with six foot distance floor markings with the assistance of onsite social distance ambassadors who shall discourage crowds from gathering. There shall be no bar service and drinks only may be circulated by wait staff or consumed at a seated table or while seated at the bar.
- Evening and Lunch Events: All broker lunches and dinners hosted onboard exhibiting yachts shall have a maximum of four (4) charter per vessel. Where ashore events occur, the live band or D.J. shall be at least 10 feet from the guests and no dancing shall be permitted; food and drinks shall be table service only to persons seated no less than 4 feet apart at tables no less than 4 feet apart from another.
- Crew competitions: Judges of the Culinary and Cocktail Competitions shall comply with the same COVID-19 Safety Protocols as all other show participants.
Please Note: Show protocols are being adapted as the COVID 19 situation evolves and are in accordance with the Governor's Executive Orders, the Department of Health’s Special Event Guidance and complying with these Event Details & COVID-19 Safety Plan submitted to the Department of Health. All events shall comply with current official government and local authority guidance as it relates to COVID-19 measures including any imposed curfews, alcohol restrictions, crowd gathering sizes, etc. If any of the measures can be relaxed or changed the updated protocols will be communicated to participants in a timely manner. All attendees must agree to comply with the aforementioned Event Details & COVID-19 Safety Plan for the safe operation of the USVI Charter Yacht Show, and understand that the Governor’s COVID-19 Task Force has the right to conduct inspections. If found to be out of compliance, a "Cease and Desist" will be issued to the event.