"I have been exceptionally pleased with my medical and yacht insurance with Gowrie Group. They have always been friendly and quick to respond. Thank you coming into this Market! We needed you in the Virgin Islands!" -Staci Kosick
This health insurance program is underwritten by IMG and managed by the insurance experts at Gowrie Group. IMG provides global benefits and assistance services to millions of members in almost every country of the world. With 24/7 medical management services, multilingual claims administrators and highly trained customer service professionals, this health insurance plan brings VIPCA members the products they need, backed by the service they deserve.
How to enrol:
- A professional charter crew / chef / deckhand?
- A professional charter captain?
- A professional charter vessel owner or charter business owner (you must verify that you qualify first)?
If YES then move to the Second Step:
Are you interested in the VIPCA Health Insurance Program Highlights?
- Worldwide coverage
- Coverage in United States
- Two plans to choose from
- Up to $5,000,000 Per Policy Year limit
- Monthly Credit Cards or EFT deductions
- Waiver of Pre-Ex w/ Creditable Coverage
- Download Summary of Benefits
To help with ease at claims we would like to remind insureds to submit to Gowrie Group evidence of previous insurance coverage from their previous carrier: insurance coverage of preexisting conditions were previous coverage not to have existed may be covered for 12 months.
If YES then move to the Third Step:
- BECOME A VIPCA CREW MEMBER $150 per year with credit/debit card payment online / send a check.
- Once you have demonstrated that you are an active professional crew, you will receive a membership number and receipt for your VIPCA Membership payment.
- Download & Submit the VIPCA Health Insurance Application
- Inquire about our Rates/Premiums
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org your completed health insurance application (a photo taken by phone is sufficient)
- Learn about Yacht/Fleet Insurance for VIPCA Member Benefits
For more information visit VIPCA's office within Charter Caribe, upstairs in American Yacht Harbor: 6100 Red Hook QTRS STE E-21, St. Thomas, VI 00802-1344
Contact Gowrie Group’s VIPCA Team:
Tip: Health insurance is more affordable when crew who are also spouses are on independent policies.
Notes: Creditable cover will be granted within a two to three week window of submitting your application. Submitting an application does not guarantee automatic medical coverage. In order to qualify for this program you have to be an active member of VIPCA. Questions: email@example.com, www.gowrie.com/vipcayacht, www.gowrie.com/vipcahealth
This yacht insurance program is available to yacht owners with an active VIPCA Vessel membership.
"I have been exceptionally pleased with my medical and yacht insurance with Gowrie Group. They have always been friendly and quick to respond. Thank you coming into this Market! We needed you in the Virgin Islands!" - Staci Kosick
Gowrie Group is proud to offer comprehensive yacht insurance for active, VIPCA members. Gowrie Group is the largest independent marine insurance company in the US and has deep expertise in insuring charter yachts and marine risks in the Caribbean. Working with specialty insurers of yachts worldwide, Gowrie can provide VIPCA members with comprehensive coverage for pleasure and charter yachts, including both motor and sail. This yacht insurance offers both admitted policies and surplus lines, with an A (Excellent) rating, or better, by A.M Best.
VIPCA Yacht Insurance Program Highlights:
| • Comprehensive marine insurance protection
• Coverage in United States and Caribbean
• Worldwide coverage including trans-ocean crossings
• Discounts available for date restricted navigation
• Jones Act coverage
• Options available for Day Charter boats valued above $100,000
|• Pollution liability coverage
• Personal property coverage
• Large network of claims surveyors
• Ability to choose any liability limits
• Claims handled in United States
• Dedicated 24/7 claims line
Gowrie’s programs are only available to yacht owners with an active VIPCA membership.
Surveys requirements for policies:
• Vessels valued $150,000 or under require a survey every seven years.
• Vessels valued $151,000 or over require a survey every five years.
• Vessels under five years of age do not require a survey.
Request a FREE VIPCA Yacht Insurance Quote Now:
Contact Gowrie Group’s VIPCA Team:
- Fleet/Yacht Insurance Program: Rick Bagnall, firstname.lastname@example.org or 860.391.7161, www.gowrie.com/VIPCAyacht
- Health Insurance Program: Rick Bagnall, email@example.com, 860.399.3634, www.gowrie.com/VIPCAhealth
- General VIPCA Insurance Inquires: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit gowrie.com website to learn more about VIPCAhealth or VIPCAyacht