VIPCA is proud to offer a comprehensive, creditable health plan to active, VIPCA Crew Members
"I have been exceptionally pleased with my medical and yacht insurance with Gowrie Group. They have always been friendly and quick to respond. Thank you coming into this Market! We needed you in the Virgin Islands!" -Staci Kosick
This health insurance program is underwritten by CIGNA and managed by the insurance experts at Gowrie Group. CIGNA provides global benefits and assistance services to millions of members in almost every country of the world. With 24/7 medical management services, multilingual claims administrators and highly trained customer service professionals, this health insurance plan brings VIPCA members the products they need, backed by the service they deserve.
This health insurance program provides full coverage for COVID, with a letter issued in each insureds portal which meets the requirements of the British Virgin Islands for entry.
How to enrol:
- A professional charter crew / chef / deckhand?
- A professional charter captain?
- A professional charter vessel owner or marine vendor (you must verify that you qualify first)?
If YES then move to the Second Step:
Are you interested in the VIPCA Health Insurance Program Highlights?
- Worldwide coverage
- Coverage in United States
- Two plans to choose from
- Up to $5,000,000 Per Policy Year limit
- Monthly Credit Cards or EFT deductions
- Download the Summary of Benefits
If YES then move to the Third Step:
- BECOME A VIPCA CREW MEMBER $150 per year with Paypal annual subscription payment online / send a check.
- Once you have demonstrated that you are an active professional crew, you will receive a membership number and receipt for your VIPCA Membership payment.
- Download & submit the VIPCA Health Insurance Application
- Inquire about Rates/Premiums after reading the Summary of Benefits
- Email completed health insurance application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Gowrie Group’s VIPCA Team:
- Health Insurance Program: Rick Bagnall, email@example.com, 860399.3634, gowrie.com/VIPCAhealth
- Health Insurance Program: Barbie Murray-Orne, firstname.lastname@example.org, 860.399.3630
- Fleet/Yacht Insurance Program: Mark Gargula, email@example.com, 860.399.3677, gowrie.comVIPCAyacht
Tip: Health insurance is more affordable when crew who are also spouses are on independent policies.
Notes: Creditable* cover will be granted within a two to three week window of submitting your application. Submitting an application does not guarantee automatic medical coverage. In order to qualify for this program you have to be an active member of VIPCA. Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.gowrie.com/vipcayacht, www.gowrie.com/vipcahealth
*Creditable coverage: Health insurance coverage under any of the following: a group health plan; individual health insurance; student health insurance; Medicare; Medicaid; CHAMPUS and TRICARE; the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program; Indian Health Service; the Peace Corps; Public Health Plan (any plan established or maintained by a State, the U.S. government, a foreign country); Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP); or, a state health insurance high risk pool. If you have prior creditable coverage, it will reduce the length of a pre-existing condition exclusion period under new job-based coverage.
A certificate of Creditable Coverage (COCC) is a document provided by your previous insurance carrier that proves that your insurance has ended. This includes the name of the member to whom it applies as well as the coverage effective date and cancelation date.